Safety & Support
For employees who are living with domestic abuse or coworkers who are trying to support them, we offer a variety of ideas and suggestions Best Replica Watches
such as Safety Tips for Victims of Partner Violence and Why People Stay in Abusive Relationships.
Risk Factors for Partner Violence
According to the American Psychological Association, here are some of the risk factors that correlate with domestic violence:
- Perpetrators of violence usually have problems with power and control and a history of physical or sexual abuse, or threats of abuse.
- Battered persons and their abusers come from all demographic groups; there is no single psychological profile of either; and the only risk factor they both share is exposure to violence between parents.
- Both victims and perpetrators of domestic violence have a tendency to abuse alcohol. Excessive alcohol use is more than 50% for batterers and around 20% for victims.
- The highest risk for serious injury or death from violence in an intimate relationship is at the point of separation or at the time when the decision to separate occurs.
- Those who batter their intimate partners are more likely to abuse their children, too.
- The best predictor of future violence is previous violenceŚchildren who experience multiple acts of violence or more than one kind of violence are at a greater risk of continuing the "cycle of violence."